Stop assuming! Things are not always as they appear!!

Thinking about the "Not so newly wed game" my husband and I played a while ago. One of the questions was "What is your spouse's favorite color". I was stumped because I knew my husband actually has two favorite colors (not one), but I had to choose only one. Since I'm not a mind reader I could only guess which one he would choose, but of course it turned out my husband picked the other color of the two he likes (grrr). So to outsiders it might appear like I don't know a simple fact about my husband, while in reality I know him so well I knew he loves two colors exactly the same!! I share all of this to say, don't assume anything about others based on your limited viewpoint from the outside. You don't know the whole story!! You don't know why a person acts, thinks, or speaks on a subject the way they do because you are not privileged to know EVERYTHING about others. Assumptions are one of the worst mistakes we make about a situation and others, and unfortunately people are judged and found guilty by others simply by what they heard or observed from their limited view. Strive to show grace, mercy, compassion, and understanding to others, and if you really care go deeper to find the whole truth of a matter and assist as you are able before condemning, ridiculing, back biting, and gossiping. (By the way, this was just the thought on my mind today and it is not directed towards anyone. Stopping ALL assumptions with a quickness!") LOL 😄😄 Have a great day friends, and let's do as we tell our children "treat others the way YOU want to be treated" on today!! Be blessed!!

Comments

Popular Posts