Marriage is a Partnership

 
I woke up with this strong on my mind early this morning. I couldn't sleep no matter how I tried, so I'm sharing. May the Lord have His way.

One day, out of the blue, my daughter says "Mom I'm going to marry a man who cooks for me. I'm not going to do like you do, and cook all the time. Daddy can serve you too". Lol. Please note, my husband does cook occasionally, but I usually do it the most and I don't mind (most of the time). 😊 So, here I am, listening to my daughter, trying to figure out her mindset and where she was going with this train of thought. We had an interesting talk that day.

I get what she meant in general, why am I the wife always serving my husband while he sits back like a king? He is my King by the way. However, there's a part she missed. I cook, prepare the plates, and serve my husband and children. (Family dinner is IMPORTANT, a biggie on my list, but hard to maintain as your children become young adults with jobs and busy schedules!) Anyway, yes, I do serve my husband and family this way, and to her young eyes it was a negative on that day.

However, here's the part she missed (at least at that moment). My husband also serves me. He always holds doors for me, because I am his queen. He pulls up to the door in parking lots so I don't have to walk, because I am his queen. He opens the car door for me to get in, although I could easily do it myself, because I am his queen. Plus, so many more little things we can easily take for granted. We serve each other. We submit one to another!!

That's in the Bible too, by the way...

Ephesians 5:21
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
So often in a marriage or sermon you hear this quoted:

Ephesians 5:22
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Christ had all power and authority, but he walked in submission and humility. Wives strive to do likewise. There's a blessing in it. Christ submitted to the will of God by choice, not by force and definitely not by demand. Men, remember that.

I see wives at gatherings who are sad, overlooked, and overworked while their husbands mingle happily along, oblivious or uncaring about the pain they cause their wives with simple neglect. Baby crying, wife go get them. Baby hungry, wife go feed them. Baby running around, wife go chase them. Everyone having fun with the wife stuck on the sidelines, but really how hard would it be for the husband to say at a function, babe go mingle and I will care for Johnny and Sue for a moment (after all it took two to get the little one there in the first place). Right?! Maybe, there would be less women dealing with anxiety and depression if they had a moment to simply breathe. Breathe ladies. Breathe. Just a thought.

Some men love the above verse (Ephesians 5:22) and focus on it exclusively when it comes to their marriage without ever taking the time to read on. I even pointed it out to someone before, but they said "we're not talking about that". Wow! However, let's see what else it says:

Ephesians 5:25
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Humm. Interesting. This thing right here is not lopsided as so many imply or falsely believe (some unfortunately to the point of emotional and or physical abuse). God has placed standards in place to help us all have the best marriages possible if we choose to listen and obey. How much did Christ love the church? Enough to die!! Men, did you get that? Enough to die!!

Let us strive to love one another as the bible says, after all it is the best way. Be blessed on today!!

Words To Stand On...
Ephesians 5:25
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Ephesians 5:22
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Romans 12: 9-10
9Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Walk It Out…
Stop and take a moment to meditate on this devotional and more importantly the mighty Word of God. How does this apply to you on today? What are you currently believing God for in your life? What do you need to let go of or stop doing immediately? What do you need to begin doing? Pray and listen. Now step out in faith and go forth in Jesus name!


WAIT!!!!!! Now that I have your attention please take a minute to LIKE/FOLLOW and SHARE my blog before you go. LIKE, FOLLOW, SHARE!!!!! It will cost you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to click SHARE, but it may mean EVERYTHING to that one person you are unknowingly connected to that is in desperate need of just a little encouragement and an ounce of faith mixed with renewed hope to continue this crazy, exciting, and sometimes difficult walk we call life. So, be a friend and LIKE/FOLLOW, SHARE!! Thanks!!

Comments

Popular Posts